Do you own a Swiss Army knife? Have you used every one of its tools? Probably not… yet.
Just because the tools are there, doesn’t mean that they are right for your needs right now. But of course, they may come in handy in the future.
It can be the same with your website. Storbie provides lots of features, including ecommerce. But if you feel that your business isn’t ready for that step yet, no worries. It’ll still be there when you are, and in the meantime there are lots of ways to benefit from its Swiss Army features, including having a catalogue website which showcases your products without online sales.
Let’s take a look at the top five benefits to having a catalogue website with Storbie.
Your website is for your customers
The number one reason for having a website is to attract new customers. Therefore, it’s imperative that it provides information on who you are and what you do so as to help them make an informed purchase decision.
When your customers land on your website they are looking for some key information:
- The name of your business
- This may seem a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many fail to provide their correct business name on their website. A logo alone will not suffice. And for SEO (search engine optimisation) reasons, you should have your name dotted across your site.
- The location of your physical store and hours you’re open
- Remember to keep this up to date if your hours change, especially around public holidays.
- Products and services you provide
- Just because someone is on your website doesn’t mean they know what it is you do. By describing your products and services in layman’s terms you’ll also be helping your SEO.
- Contact details
- This helps legitimise your business as well as give them a way to get in touch if they need to.
- Special offers
- What can entice someone to become a customer? What can you offer that no one else can?
- Price range
- Even if your company will need to provide a quote for service, there should still be an indication of the price range someone is expected to pay. An FAQ article on your website may help explain this.
More information = Better SEO
As mentioned above, using keywords and uncomplicated language helps with your SEO. And when you add brands, products and their information to your website, you’ll enjoy a boost in SEO to get your site in front of customers.
If you carry a lot of stock, you don’t have to list everything. You can simply highlight key/ popular brands and products, or your top sellers. Every item you sell doesn’t have to be online, but consumers should be able to see an overview, and you can always mention that there is more of a particular range available in store.
Connect with the Storbie Supplier Network
Currently available to New Zealand pharmacies, the Storbie Supplier Network allows integration with point of sale systems with leading pharmacy suppliers.
This makes it extremely easy to have products uploaded to your website and kept up to date with compliant information, images, price and stock levels. It can take less time to add hundreds of products using this system rather than upload and update just one product yourself.
If you are interested in the Supplier Network for another vertical, please contact Storbie to discuss this further.
You can sell online without ecommerce
Just because ecommerce isn’t enabled, doesn’t mean that your products aren’t being sold online. Having product information helps consumers make informed decisions and can lead to an increase in sales in store. These are called web influenced sales, and according to statistics from Google, 76% of people who conduct a local search visit a store within 24 hours.
You may choose to select specific products or a range to promote online, just as you do in store. For example, a “top 10” products of the week, or the full range of a select brand being on sale. This is especially effective if it is regularly updated, such as every Sunday or Monday, or the first day of the month.
Not ready for shipping? There’s another option
This allows customers to make their purchase choices online in their own time, while at work, out of town, or simply after hours. They can then pick up their shopping directly from your store, providing you an opportunity to upsell and connect directly with your customer.
Not with Storbie yet? Sign up to get started!
Want more ecommerce advice? Sign up to our newsletter.