With a new year comes a whole new set of marketing dates and opportunities to promote your business.
Each year there are 11 public holidays and four seasons in which you can plan sales around. But you’re missing out if you’re not engaging with the many more holidays, events and observances that happen throughout the year.
The United Nations has a number of days, weeks, years, and even decades to acknowledge, along with national and local events, shopping days, sporting tournaments and more!
We’ve put together as many notable dates as our calendar could handle to help you plan your marketing for 2019.
These include monthly events such as:
- Fizz Free Whanau in January – Challenge to Cut Out Sugary Drinks
- NZ Music Month in May
- Health Literacy Month in October
We’ve also included events that have not had their dates publicly announced but which the month is estimated, including:
- Samoan Language Week, expected in May
- Red Puppy Bikkie Day for the Blind Foundation Guide Dogs in July
- Loud Shirt Day in September
Some of the more unusual observances include:
- Darwin Day – Celebrating “Intellectual Bravery, Perpetual Curiosity, Scientific Thinking, Hunger for Truth”.
- Pi Day – Celebrating math and eating pie.
- First kindergarten in NZ Anniversary – Did you know in 2019 it will be 130 years since the very first kindergarten opened?
- Hobbit Day – The birthday of fictional characters Bilbo and Frodo Baggins from The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, celebrating by Tolkien fans around the world.
To receive 2019’s calendar free, send a quick email to hello@storbie,com to request your downloadable calendar.